Tubex Treeshelters is an important tool when attempting to establish difficult to grow tree seedlings on challenging sites where weather or habitat living around the young trees may need extra protection. Tubex Standard Tree shelters provide a micro-climate for trees which results in better initial establishment and higher survival rates, allowing for the planting of smaller trees that are cheaper and easier to source, and ultimately lead to trees with stronger roots.
Higher air moisture within the Tubex treeshelter reduces water stress and enables the plant to survive in dry or drought conditions. Precision engineering enables Tubex treeshelters to be nested for ease of transportation and storage. Nests are easily pulled apart, and thumb releasable ties are pre-fitted for fast and efficient application.
The Tubex Standard Tree Shelter also provides complete protection against animals including rabbits, hare, muntjac and deer and herbicides in a way that is flexible, efficient and cost effective.
For those tougher jobs, providing a slightly wider diameter than the Tubex Standard, the Tubex Standard Plus comes in a range of heights from 1.2 to 1.8m.
Some important features:
- The Tubex Treeshelter offers an exclusive, twin-walled, construction design for structural integrity, strength and durability.
- Tubex Treeshelters is extruded as a tube, not a flat sheet so no assembly is required.
- Superior long-lasting and durable fastening ties are already threaded and looped in each Tubex Treeshelter, so no assembly is required.
- Tubex Treeshelters offer a unique exclusive laser line of perforations that run the length of the shelter so that when a tree is ready to expand beyond the diameter of the treeshelter, the treeshelter will not interfere. The tree will split the treeshelter along the line.
- Tubex Treeshelters are constructed with a unique outward, flared rim to protect the tender young stem as it first emerges from the treeshelter. The tender seedling slides around on a smooth surface, not an unprotected, sharp edge.
- Tubex Treeshelters are constructed with durable strengthening rods that run the length of the Tubex Treeshelter to prevent ties from tearing through on windy sites.
- Tubex Treeshelters provide a tree seedling with 5 – 7 years of durability and protection.
- Tubex Treeshelters create a “mini-greenhouse” environment for tree seedlings. As the tree leaves transpire, moisture condenses on the inner walls of the treeshelter and rolls back down to the soil.
- Choose tree species suitable for the site, climate, sunlight, soil conditions, and other environmental factors. Consult with local forestry professionals, your state forestry department, your local soil, and water conservation district office for seedling selection and land management advice.
- Install treeshelters over tree seedlings on planting sites that receive a minimum of 6 hours of daily direct sunlight.
- Inspect planting site annually (minimum) to ensure treeshelters and stakes remain sound and upright.
- Practice vigorous weed control for a minimum of 3 years or until the tree is large enough to shade out the vegetative competition below. We recommend installing the VisPore Tree Mats at the time of planting to provide 3 years of weed control.
- Remove the treeshelter if filled by fast-growing trees.
- Dispose of treeshelters fragment as they breakdown naturally. The Tubex Treeshelter is made from a chemically non-reactive and biologically inert polypropylene that is not harmful to the environment.
- Bundle of 5 or 100
- Call for Bulk Pricing/Shipping(you can buy 5-5000 or more)
- Height: 2 Feet
Shelter Height requirements
- Rabbits – 0.6m
- Hares – 0.75m
- Muntjac Deer – 1.2m
- Fallow Deer – 1.5m
- Red Deer – 1.8m
|Material:||UV-stabilized polypropylene co-polymer|
|Construction:||Seamless twin-walled, tubular, design for structural integrity and durability.|
|Color:||Specially blended green to blend into the background|
|Life Span:||UV stabilized for outdoor use, the anticipated life span of 5-7 years, actual life will vary based on user’s latitude and elevation|
|Exclusive Features:||Continuous, scrape-free, flared, rim.§ Laserline of perforations to prevent constriction of fast-growing trees.§ Built-in, strengthening rods at the stake area for added durability.|
|Height:||Available in 2, 3, 4 and 5-foot increments|
|Diameter:||4-inch average. (Packaged in nested sets of 5 treeshelters with varying diameters.)|
|Fastening ties:||Easiest to use and most durable ties available. Pre-threaded, pre-looped and releasable, nylon ratchet locking ties to fasten to an anchoring stake.|
|Anchoring stake:||We offer a high quality, naturally rot-resistant, white oak, stake, 1-inch x 1-inch with a pencil-point ground on one end. Ask our foresters for material and length recommendations because stake length must be suitable for tube size.|